Sri Ram Arora Award
The ShriI Ram Arora Award for Materials Science & Engineering Education
The TMS Foundation, through a grant from the Dr. Om Arora family, has established the Shri Ram Arora Award for Materials Science and Engineering Education as a means of perpetuating their father's, Shri Ram Arora, quest for continual learning and academic challenge. The award will recognize, encourage, and support the quest for knowledge within the materials science and engineering community.
The award will be based on merit, however, in recognition of the Arora family's interest and heritage, applicants residing in India shall be given priority. Should there not be a qualified candidate from India, candidates of Indian heritage, currently residing in other countries, shall be considered. The applicant should be a graduate student majoring in materials science or a related field, or of post-doctoral status and currently, and actively involved in materials research. The applicant may not have reached his/her 30th birthday by the submission deadline date.
The Shri Ram Arora Award will grant up to ,500 to be distributed in two parts. The first part of the award is a ,000 cash award to be used at the recipient's discretion. The second part of the award, the remaining ,500, will be available for travel, accommodation, and registration expenses only to attend the TMS Annual Meeting. The award recipient is encouraged to submit an abstract and prepare an oral or poster presentation for the next TMS Annual Meeting, but this is not a requirement for application or consideration for the award.
Applications for the Shri Ram Arora Award for Materials Science and Engineering Education are due July 1. Selections will be made by August 15. The award will be presented during the next TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
- IIM Membership cards
- IIM Awards Application Rules 2017
- IIM Awards Inviting applications 2017
- IIM Awards 2017 Proformae
- IIM Awards Proformae
- IIM Fellow Nomination 2017
- IIM Best Chapter Awards 2017
- IIM JRD Awards Nomination 2017
- Rules & Proforma - NMD Awards 2017
- Sustainability Awards 2017
- Quality Awards 2017
- ICME 2017
- Revision of existing fee structure for IIM Student Members effective from January 2016
- Syllabus for Materials Processing
- Syllabus for Secondary Steel Making & Casting Processes
- Sylllabus for Materials Characteririsation
- Revised Syllabus for Basic Metallurhgy
- Re Grouping of Elective Subjects of Part II AMIIM Examinations
- Format for submission of Project Report
- Important Announcement for June 2017 AMIIM Exams
- List of Officers in Charge for June 2017 Exams
- Time Table for June 2017 Exams